Saturday 7 May 2016

Beautiful People Meme - Trisha

Hi everyone! So I've been posting a fair bit about my latest WIP lately, What Not To Do When Wearing Purple Lipstick (gosh, I just realised how much of a mouthful that is!). The thing is though, whilst by this post you'll probably know a fair bit about the synopsis, you probably know nothing about the characters! So I'm doing the Beautiful People meme for you to get to know more about my MC, Trisha. I'll be sampling questions from every one of the posts, so you'll hopefully be quite knowledgeable about her by the end of this! This is hosted by Cait from Paper Fury, and go and check her brilliant blog sometime!
PAPERFURY
1. What is their full name and is there a story behind it?
My MC's full name is Trisha Hayley Malone. The Hindi meaning for Trisha is 'desire, thirst' and it just sums up how Trisha wants more out of life than what she's getting. Her friends often call her 'Trish', and her big sister (one of the the most important characters!) calls her 'Tris' because she sees her as someone who's brave but acts too impulsively.
2. What theme songs fit their personality and arc?
I'm actually going to create a spotify playlist at some point with all the theme songs that fit her at some point! Definitely any song from Mulan suits her - she's the girl who struggles with finding their identity and what makes them a person. 'Reflection' definitely suits her, all the way! But also 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons, and if I'm going to get really specific the Pentatonix cover. 'Rather Be' by Jess Glynne as well, and 'Big Girls Cry' by Sia. I could keep on going for months!
3. Describe your character's fashion style!
Oh, my. I suppose this is where I've really slipped pieces of myself in; Trisha's obsessed with vintage and bohemian, and won't be seen in anything other than black and white. The only hint of colour on her is her trademark purple lipstick!
4. What kind of book would they be reading?
Trisha loves classics. I swear. They're her fave kinds of books. Hand her a copy of 'War and Peace' or '1984' and I don't think you'll see her ever again. Beware, gift givers.
5.  And finally, what is their hobbies/personality?
Trisha loves reading, long bike rides, and watching black and white films. She also loves vintage shopping and hanging out in the back lanes of Melbourne - such an iconic Melbourne thing XD. And for her personality? She's snarky, sassy and sarcastic, just the way I want her to be. I love books with good wit, so I'm trying to slip it into this. Let's hope it works!

So what do you think of Trisha? Likey or no likey? Let me know in the comments below! And if you'd like to hear more about some of the MC's, please tell me! I'd be more than happy to :) Have a great day everyone!

El xx

9 comments:

  1. Lovely post El :)

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh I do like this! I LOVED hearing about Trish. :D She sounds like a really complex and interesting characters (with fabulous taste in music XD) and I love that you've picked a name to fit her personality too. THAT IS REALLY COOL. I'm never that organised with my characters names, omg. It's just like "um, you can be..BOB. THAT'LL DO". Ahem.
    (Also I love that you did a rebel version of this. *gives you cake* YOU'RE AWESOME. Thanks for joining in!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait! I really wanted her to come across that way so that's awesome :-) Haha I'm OBSESSED with picking out the perfect character names - if it doesn't suit the character, then it's a no go! Haha I'll gladly take that cake, I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  3. Trisha sounds like a very intresting person! It's funny that I'm Indian but still never heard of the word trisha (do NOT tell this to my hindi teacher). Trisha doesn't really fit in any category and that makes her quite unique. I really want to read this book!
    ~Autumn
    PS Can you teach me a thing or two about character description? Great work :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Autumn! Haha I love the name, I don't even know why I just do! Yeah that's how I want pretty much ALL of my characters to come off - unable to shove in any type of box!
      I'd be more than willing to! Drop me an email sometime :D

      Delete
  4. I love a good character. A story can be as good as you want, but if the characters aren't interesting, it's doomed. Great job!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree! The plot could be amazingly unique and fresh and all round amazing, but the characters ALWAYS take first priority.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! Trish sounds so interesting!xx

    I tagged you in my latest post! http://bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/things-that-make-me-happy-happiness-tag.html

    ReplyDelete